Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My new WC

In April, I celebrated 3 lovely years living in Wayland Square. After I renovated my kitchen last year, I decided my WC could use a facelift as well.

In April, Eric and I took a weekend trip to Chatham Bars Inn on the Cape for this birthday and I loved the bathroom in our suite. I used it as the inspiration for the new look! 

I already had replaced the vanity and the shower is relatively new but I decided a few small changes would make my bathroom a lot more attractive. 
 
The first thing the contractors did was remove the vanity and rip up the old floor and lay in the new tiles.

A sneak peek at the new look
I was really happy with how the tile floor looked at the end of day one. Even though it was a little bit pricer, I opted to use the satin white and with black dot mosaic tiles. I thought it would give my tiny bathroom a more sophisticated look. There were much more affordable then I expected at Lowe's

I also replaced all of the molding and added Cape Cod style white bead board to each of the walls. It really pulled the room together.  At the end of Day 3 I was really excited with the finished product [...and to have my only bathroom back!]. 

Check out the video tour of the almost finished product:


I need to paint the molding and bead board which I hope to do sometime this summer. It has just been too darn hot to even think about it. 

What do you think of the new look? What type of home improvements do you want to do on your home?



1 comment:

  1. I love that we not only get to read about your new WC but we get to see it too!

    We moved into our new home last November after remodelling the kitchen. Next on the list is the master bathroom as well as all the little decor pieces that make the place "home" for us.

    Whilst I cannot wait to have a complete home there is definitely a sense of achievement in doing everything yourself!

    ReplyDelete